Please select the area(s) that you need assistance with:
Connect for Education uses the most common and widely supported web technologies for our Blackboard courses (i.e. Flash,HTML). Our courses are tested using the latest versions of Blackboard, however—there are many variables which can impact
your experience with a Blackboard content cartridge.
A few things to note about Blackboard:
- Blackboard is a closed system. This means that your school’s Blackboard system is not open to Connect for Education, and
therefore, our ability to support you is limited. We will do everything we can to help, but please consider your school’s
Blackboard administration and help team your first line of support.
- Blackboard comes in many varieties and versions. Furthermore—the implementation of Blackboard varies from school to
school. In fact, many schools customize their Blackboard implementations with third-party or proprietary code. As a result,
our testing environment cannot accurately reflect the breadth of real world Bb systems, and unexpected problems
- The specific web browser and version of that browser can dramatically impact how Blackboard content is displayed; in
some cases with negative results. In fact, some browser versions will alter how Blackboard responds to user
customizations—at times rendering the customized pages unreadable.
Recommendations for success:
- Check with your school’s Blackboard team to be sure you are using the recommended browser and the proper version
- Check the Connect for Education Blackboard Support FAQ for current information regarding browser compatibility, BB
version compatibility, and more.
- Avoid customizing the Connect for Education formatted content (the lecture material containing images, Play buttons,
Discover Music, Discover Video, etc.) Instead—add your own customized content around it.
- Backup your cartridge before making any changes to the course.
- Consider using Connect for Education’s hosted course. We consider our Blackboard cartridge a great solution for
instructors who have fluency with Blackboard (and its issues) or where there is an institutional mandate to use the Bb
cartridge when one is available (very rare).
Please make sure students are purchasing the correct code for your course. The Access Codes for courses hosted on Connect for Education are not compatible with courses hosted on Blackboard.
Connect for Education currently offers Blackboard cartridges for the following courses:
OnMusic Appreciation, Standard for Blackboard
OnMusic Appreciation, Extended for Blackboard
OnMusic Jazz, Second Edition for Blackboard
OnMusic of the World for Blackboard
Understanding Nutrition and Well-Being for Blackboard
Please note that the product students need to purchase will say for Blackboard on it.
Blackboard students will need to:
- Purchase a new, unused Registration Code (15-digit voucher) from either the Connect for Education online store or from
the campus bookstore.
- Register the code on the Connect for Education Blackboard Registration site. This process will redeem the registration
code purchased for a 10-digit Blackboard Access Key. (This key will begin with the letters ‘BB’.)
- Log into the course on the school’s Blackboard website. Select the course from the Course List. Enter the Access Key when prompted (prompt is displayed when the course material is accessed).
Please view our Blackboard Student FAQ page for further information. It contains answers to commonly asked questions students have about getting set up with their Blackboard course.
Security related updates to many of the popular web browsers have resulted in some course content being ‘blocked’ (i.e. the audio pieces) or formatted incorrectly. This issue has been resolved on newer versions of our course cartridges, but may impact those running older cartridges. If you are impacted by this issue, please refer to the instructions below for help with unblocking this material.
NOTE: Some browsers may redirect you to the course home page once these security adjustments are made. Additionally, for many of the browsers, these steps must be performed each time you access the course site or after long periods of use.
Once the course page loads, click on the padlock/exclamation symbol that appears on the left of the address bar. Click the right arrow next to the message indicating that the ‘Connection is not secure.’ Click the ‘Disable protection for now’ button. The page will reload/reformat. You should now be able to hear the audio.
Once the course page loads, click on the window with shield icon that appears to the right of the address bar. The browser will indicate that you are only seeing secure content. Click the ‘See all content’ button. The page will reload/reformat. You should now be able to hear the audio.
Once the course page loads, click the shield symbol to the right of the address bar and select ‘Load unsafe script.’
Once the course page loads, click the player to maximize it. This will allow course audio to play. As of Safari version 9, users are no longer permitted to view content that is not considered ‘secure’. If you are experiencing this issue and you are running Safari version 9, you must select a different browser to view your course.
Although Connect for Education Blackboard courses will function properly on most of the popular web browsers, we strongly recommend you and your students use the Mozilla Firefox web browser to ensure you have the best experience with the course. The use of Internet Explorer is not recommended.
If you have questions regarding the use of your Blackboard website, please contact your school’s Blackboard Support Team.
If you have questions regarding the contents of the course and/or course audio, please contact the Connect for Education Support Team.
Connect For Education Support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 6:00PM Eastern Time.
Phone: (703) 880-1180 x200